LEGAL PURCHASE AGE
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may obtain Personal Information about you from various sources, including this Site, mobile applications, when you call or send an email to us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events and or other promotions. We may also obtain information about you from our affiliate companies, and other third parties.
The types of Personal Information we may obtain include:
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on the Site, including your name, postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers. This includes when you register to use the Site; enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Street People Atelier; complete a survey or questionnaire; or report a problem with the Site
- Your correct date of birth, which we may require that you submit accurately to ensure that you do not access the Site if you are not of a legal age to purchase items offered for sale on the Site.
- Your contact information (such as your name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, and phone numbers)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, ethnic identity and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our Site
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information about you provided to us by third parties.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In addition, when you visit our Site or use any of our mobile applications, we may collect certain non-personal information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use a tracking technique that employs embedded URLs which allow certain non-personal information to follow you as you navigate the Site, and which may also be used beyond the session. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google) that collect information about visitor traffic on our Site and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer to visitors to our Site
- Dates and times of visits to our Site
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site
This non-personal information may be used by us for demographic purposes, analysis of trends, interests and needs, and to improve and enhance the Site and our products and services. We reserve the right to use or disclose such non-personal information in any manner.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Street People Atelier collects personal information in several ways when you place an order, buy a gift certificate or register with the Site. If an order is placed with us, we need to hold personal information including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address(es) so that we can process and fulfill your order. We only save payment card information for those customers that have registered on the Site.
However, saved payment card information will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner’s systems. These third party service providers are solely responsible for securely storing all such information and we have no responsibility or liability with respect to the secure storage of such information. Additionally, we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
When you register with Street People Atelier, you will be offered the opportunity to opt out of our email newsletter and other service and product updates. If you choose to opt-out, we will not send you alerts for new products, features or enhancements; special offers; or announcements of events of interest.
Finally, we may use your Personal Information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors’ needs. If we change our policy on disclosure to others, we will inform you and give you the choice of opting out. We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our Site, and manage and maintain your account on the Site
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases including processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our Site
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, offers, and promotions, and offer you products we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Manage your participation in promotions
- Tailor our products to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our Site, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ uses of our Site, mobile applications, and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our Site
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our affiliate companies, and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We also may disclose Personal Information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by governmental or law enforcement authorities, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity for which we reserve the right to report such suspected illegal activity to law enforcement personnel for investigation and possible prosecution, or (iv) to otherwise protect our rights. Disclosure may include sharing information with other companies and organizations to protect against fraud or credit risk. We also reserve the right to transfer Personal and Non-Personal Information we have about you without obtaining your consent in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger, or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your Personal Information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your Personal Information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Street People Atelier’s use or disclosure of your Personal Information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Street People Atelier offerings or Site features.
Here are the choices we have to offer:
Sharing information with business partners
You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our Site.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our Site by our web analytics vendor by clicking here and selecting the opt-out link at the bottom of the linked site. For opting out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our mobile sites, click here.
When you use a Street People Atelier application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- Traffic monitoring, for example, the IP address from which you access the Site, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Site, the date and time of your access to the Site, the pages you visit, and the internet address of the website from which you accessed our Site.
- To recognize repeat visitors for statistical/analytical purposes
We may connect the information that we collect through cookies with other Personal Information that you provide to us. Such purposes are:
- To customize or personalize your experience of the Site, for example, so that we may greet you by name on the Site
- For transactional purposes, such as payment card sales
- To monitor your use of the Site in order to make our communications with you as relevant as possible, for example, by sending you email communications relevant to the parts of the Site that you visit most often or by letting you know about features of the Site that you have not accessed previously.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information about you that Street People Atelier has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties' business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Street People Atelier, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email (insert email here) with the subject line “California Privacy” and state your request in the body of the email.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use encryption to protect certain purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Street People Atelier account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit our Site. Please note that we will never ask for your Street People Atelier account user name or password via email.
You agree to assume all risk in connection with the information provided to us or collected by us when using the Site. It is your responsibility to keep confidential any password required to access certain areas or features of the Site.
Street People Atelier does not direct its Site to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly request, collect or store Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 and will take the appropriate steps to delete any such information we become aware of that has been submitted to the Site. We require registered users of the Site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a registered user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any Personal Information that the individual has provided to us.
CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
PINTEREST MOOD BOARD DISCLAIMER
Pinterest images are not our own and for inspiration only. Click for credits.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You may also write us at:
Street People Atelier
31 W.34th Street 9th Floor
New York, New York 10001
Effective Date: December 4, 2013
© 2015 Street People Atelier